Thursday 16 February 2012

Boredom Leads To Braiding

I don't know why but for some reason when I'm bored I resort to two things: painting my nails or trying out different hairstyles. So seeing as I was extremely bored this afternoon I decided to try out hair braiding, and by that I don't mean plaits and French braids etc but the hair braids where when you were a little kid and went on holiday to Spain you'd go into the local town in the evening & there would be a hair braiding stall so you'd get your hair braided with threads and beads and basically look like a badass 8 year old. Although there would always be ridiculously long queues, mostly made up of other impatient 8 year olds all wanting a badass hair braid of their own. I never understood why there was only ever one stall when it was clearly so popular? Or at least my 8 year old self never really understood that and I guess my 22 year old self still doesn't really understand it either. Anyway, here's how my hair braid turned out:


Not bad for my first attempt, they last for quite a while as well so I'll probably keep it in for a couple of weeks or until it starts looking a bit tatty or coming undone. I will definitely be doing it again though, I mean for one thing it made me feel summery and like my 8 year old self had just got back from a sunny Spanish holiday (when in reality my 22 year old self hasn't been on a holiday in 2 years. Not that I'm bothered. Not at all. I love hanging out at home in the Summer with nothing to do except look out the window gazing at the despressing rain. So. Much. Fun).

So to sum up, hair braids are great, being 8 years old was great but British Summers are not so great. The end. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment