Sunday 2 November 2014

Happy Halloween!

*HAPPY HALLOWEEN!*
 
It's been a little while since I last blogged as I've been super busy with a bunch of stuff so apologies for my lack of presence on here.  Part of the reason as to why I've been so busy is that I've started having to commute to London which often means that I have to leave the house before 7am and I don't get home until half seven in the evening so, as you can imagine, it's pretty exhausting.  Worth it, but exhausting!
 
Anyway, seeing as Halloween has been all around us lately it seemed only right for me to commence my blogging duties by embracing all that is All Hallows' Eve!
 
I'm not great with Halloween as I'm easily scared - it took me years before I could watch Hocus Pocus without being terrified of Billy (the zombie) - I'm pleased to say that at 24 years old, I can now watch it without the fear factor, and, if anything, Billy (besides Binx the cat) is probably my favourite character in the film. 
 
My Halloween was fairly laid back this year and I basically refused to watch any full-on scary movies as I'm the kind of person where even the front cover on scary movie DVDs tend to freak me out so just watching them is pretty much out of the question!  However, I did agree to watch Tucker and Dale vs. Evil with my family which was bloody (literally) brilliant!  If you haven't seen it (and you really should) it's about two hillbillies who a group of college kids assume to be crazy serial killers, it's what I call a proper 'laugh-out-loud' movie and stars Tyler Labine, who I've been a huge fan of ever since watching Reaper (why did they have to cancel that show?  WHY?!).  It also stars Alan Tudyk who happens to be in one my of favourite (and recently-cancelled!) TV shows, Suburgatory, as well as being the voice of the Duke of Weselton in Frozen (bit of trivia for ya there!).  You should definitely check this film out if you want some giggles - be warned though, there is a bit of gore but if I can handle it, then you probably can too!
 
I was keen to make sure that my nails matched the Halloween atmosphere this year and went for some fun monster nail art which took me about an hour to do but was well worth it and resulted in plenty of compliments at work.   
 
 
I was also determined to make the most of the Halloween festivities on Friday so rocked this pumpkin crop top to the office:
 
 
I got the pumpkin tee for £5 reduced from £28 last summer from Urban Outfitters and I was so excited to finally get to wear it so thank goodness I didn't forget about it or I probably would have cried.
 
I was meant to go to a Halloween house party on Friday night but got back from work late which made it impossible to go to the party - plus I was incredibly tired from work so it was probably for the best (or at least that's what I told myself!).
 
Even on Saturday night when more Halloween revellers were out causing mischief and mayhem, I settled for a quiet dinner out with one of my best friends which, in my opinion, was much better than a night out as we were able to have a proper catch up which was lovely as we hadn't seen each other in about two months! 
 
I finished off my Saturday night with a heavenly Halloween-themed bath courtesy of Lush.  I used their Halloween Wizard Bubble Bar which smelt divine and turned my bath a stunning shade of purple and it was exactly what I needed after a long week of work! 
 
 
 
 
So Halloween this year was a somewhat relaxed affair compared to previous years but I'm kind of OK with that, as in all honestly, I just don't think I had the energy to go full throttle this year - I guess that's a sign of getting older, right?  YIKES!
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. those nails look amazing! so impressed :) also i love lush products i bet this smells incredible! I'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/11/this-is-what-feminist-looks-like.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Lush never fails when it comes to scents if you ask me!
      And of course I'll comment back :)
      Amanda x

      Delete
  2. I Love the pumpkin Tshirt and the nails are so cute!

    LunaLue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your nails are amazing! I feel the same about halloween this year, I was just too exhausted from uni work ha so I didnt go crazy. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they've already started chipping though which sucks and I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one who had a slightly laid back Halloween! And of course I'll check out your blog :)
      Amanda x

      Delete
  4. I love the nails!! You are so talented. I could never do anything like that. :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It took a lot of practice haha
      Amanda x

      Delete
  5. Love lush stuff my fav is candy mountain but I haven't smelt this little guy yet but I really need too. Your nails looked fab and your halloween sounded a lot like mine this year. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I haven't tried Candy Mountain yet but I've heard great things about it so I may have to give it a go!
      Amanda x

      Delete