Friday 15 August 2014

Black Gloopy Nails

Anybody for some black gloopy nails?  Yes?  Fab!  Imagine how awkward that could have been if you'd said no?!

I'm going to be honest with you here, these are probably one of my best nail art designs that I've done in terms of neatness so please recognise that when you see the pics and gasp in admiration at my unrivalled nail art skills.  Also, in case you hadn't noticed, this new 'neatness' skill may have gone to my head just a little bit so apologies for that.

What's that I hear? 'Amanda, please tell us what inspired your black gloopy nails?' - Well of course, I'd be happy to!  I'll try and keep this brief because I have a tendency to ramble when writing about nail art.  So this nail art design was inspired by Supernatural, if that means nothing to you other than ghosts and stuff then let's just pause for a moment whilst myself and everyone else around the world feels extremely embarrassed for your ignorance regarding this matter.  If the names Sam and Dean Winchester, Bobby Singer, Castiel or Crowley simply pass you by without the slightest bit of recognition then, well, you should be incredibly ashamed of yourself.  Oh and I should probably mention that it's a TV series (just in case you hadn't picked up on that) and I should also add that it's pretty great.

Now I do have something somewhat shameful to admit about this TV series - I somehow managed to end up about 4 seasons behind and I'm not quite sure how it happened.  OK, so that's a lie, I kind of know how it happened - basically, I went to uni and I didn't exactly forget about it but I found that I had no time to fit it in around my social life and workload.  Again, that's no excuse but let's also factor in the fact that in order to watch Supernatural, I had to borrow the series from my brother which I just kept forgetting to do.  This all changed though last week when I was ill and kind of pathetic and feeling sorry for myself whilst being confined to my bed.  Bored and with nothing to do, the thought hit me - 'Amanda, now is the PERFECT time to catch up on Supernatural, you can do this, you can TOTALLY do this!' - and I did!  I had since borrowed the series off my brother and had it at my disposal to watch so like the pro that I was, I speedily ploughed my way through season 6 and just yesterday finished season 7.  Yay me!  The only problem now is that I don't have season 8 and season 9 won't be released on DVD in the UK until October so I still have two more seasons to catch up on and I'm craving it so badly.  It's fine though, I can handle the Supernatural craving because I'm actually pretty tough - one time I got stung by a bee and didn't even cry, that's how tough I am.

Ok, so back to the nails - I knew I'd get side-tracked!  Basically, these black gloopy nails were inspired by Supernatural's season 7 title sequence, which looks like this:






 Pretty gloopy, right?  Not quite as gloopy as my nail art though (does that mean I win?):


I'm really enjoying how shiny these look!

Glooooooopy!
 
All that I used for this nail art design was two nail art brushes (which you can get super cheap off eBay), OPI's Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener as my base coat, one coat of Maybelline's Color Show nail polish in the shade 'Sugar Crystals' as my base colour, Barry M's Nail Paint in the shade '47 Black' for my gloopy design and Seche Vite's Dry Fast Top Coat.  I discovered that this was a really quick nail art process which made me incredibly happy.  All I did was apply my base coat and base colour, I then used my slightly thicker nail art brush and painted over the whites of my nails with the black nail polish giving myself black French tips and then using the thinner nail art brush for precision, I painted in the drippy gloops and then finished with my top coat and that was it.  Pretty simple, huh?


Nail Art Tools

Ok, so I think I'm done here - feel free to brighten up my day by letting me know what you think about this nail art design or anything else covered in this blog post, you lovely bunch of people!      


2 comments:

  1. these look so amazing!! you are so good at doing nails! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/little-miss-amy-elizabeth.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I've just checked out your blog and it's fab, I couldn't not leave a comment on your post about the Little Miss personalised illustration, so cute! Amanda x

      Delete